Texas Freedom Network Seeks
Student Chapter Leaders
Fall 2013 - Spring 2014 Internship
Are you a student looking to roll your sleeves up and gain valuable non-profit advocacy experience? If so, the Texas Freedom Network may have an opportunity for you.
Our Student Leadership Council internship program is made up of TFN Student Chapter Presidents who work to advocate for issues that matter on their campuses and in their communities.
TFN Student Chapters are currently active at UT-Austin, Southern Methodist University, UT-Brownsville, Texas State University, UT-El Paso, University of Houston, University of Houston Downtown and UT-Pan American. We're looking for applicants from these schools as well as universities and community colleges in your area!
What are the benefits of becoming a chapter president?
- Student Chapter presidents receive a monthly stipend of $100
- Networking opportunities with some of Texas’ best political activists
- Résumé builder: one year of real-world political activism with a leading statewide non-profit advocacy organization and national partners like Advocates for Youth
- All-expense paid grassroots and advocacy training opportunities
Plus, chapter presidents get to:
- Help plan and lead our advocacy efforts at the State Board of Education
- Run a voter registration and civic engagement campaign on campus
- Become a grassroots activist to support issues that include comprehensive sex ed, church and state separation, LGBTQ equality and teaching of evolution
- Host events and rallies on your campus and in your community
- Establish a student chapter with access to support from a statewide organization
You can apply if you are:
- Attending a college or university in Texas
- A first- to third-year undergraduate
- Age 24 or younger
- A supporter of TFN's values
- Ready to lead and organize your peers
- Prepared to create and maintain a student organization on your campus
How do I apply?
Submit a résumé and one-page cover letter explaining your experience and interest in leading a TFN Student Chapter to:
TFN Youth Advocacy Coordinator
Mail: P.O. Box 1624, Austin, TX 78767
If you have questions contact Garrett by email or by phone.
Applications Due: May 31, 2013 by midnight.
“There is no better political internship if you want to work on issues like comprehensive sex ed and LGBTQ equality and become a leader on your campus." — Mackenzie Massey, TFN Student Chapter president at UT-Austin
Applications are being considered on a rolling basis. Please submit as soon as possible. If you're not a student, please forward this application on to a student today. If you're a student, please consider applying!